Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lucid dreaming?.. comments??

last night i fell asleep the dream was, me and my boyfriend in a van, he was driving, i started feeling very unwell and started feeling like i was going to pass out and i just looked at him and screamed AM I DREAMING??? I started hyperventilating, he paniced and pulled over while i passed out, i woke up hyperventilating and very scared. i lucid dream alot! and sometime take advantage of it, but any comments on this?



Lucid dreaming?.. comments??

When I first started lucid dreaming, I got anxious and scared like you described. Why? We fear what we don't understand. Dreams are conceptually incoherent. Our normal, everyday "waking" mind expects coherence in the world. So when that mind becomes aware that its dreaming, it can get quite disturbed.



I remember once falling asleep... I started to feel this pulsing in my body. It kept getting stronger and louder. What started as thump, thump, thump turned into POUND, POUND, POUND. At first I was excited... I thought, whoah this has never happened, how cool! Then as it got stronger and stronger, I got scared. I thought to myself: "OMG, what if that is my HEART getting ready to EXPLODE?!!?!"



Needless to say I awoke in a panic, my heart feeling like it was going to explode. Well, soon after I started realizing that it was first my excitement and then my anxiety that provoked the whole panic attack. I realized I was doing it to myself.



Since then, lucid dreaming has been very fun for me. I like falling asleep the best. I either "strech" out of my body, or "fall" through it. There was a time that it would have scared me to do either, but now when it happens, I simply realize I am falling asleep and that I will be fine.



Its just a dream ;)



Lucid dreaming?.. comments??

mmm I heard that sometimes it's hard to wake up from a lucid dream. Your dream though... not sure what to say. Might have been some nightmare in a way and you just woke up like any other nightmare. Just be careful though.



Lucid dreaming?.. comments??

I've done this before and it's awesome! To be able to know you're dreaming means you can control your dreams if you practice at it. What could be better than your own world to control?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan