Sunday, December 6, 2009

I am sick and tired of hearing these comments or am confused to why I get these comments.?

Seriously, whenver I meet anyone new they always ask me these two comments and it is weird they all say the same thing and have said the same thing since I was born. These are the conversations that strangers have with me ;( It is not that i'm shy its just that in a classroom if I don't see anyone i like or whatever I don't feel like talking). sO SOMEONE WILL SAY SARCASTICALLY THIS; WOW, YOU ARE A CHATTERBOX LOL or SOME OTHER RANDOM **** LIKE ARE YOU HISPANIC ( i am half white and half hispanic) and then they talk about these two topics for hours



I am sick and tired of hearing these comments or am confused to why I get these comments.?

I hope you don't just ignore it because then you will continue to get those comments because you don't speak up when they talk s***



I am sick and tired of hearing these comments or am confused to why I get these comments.?

People tend to get uncomfortable when someone isn't giving them any information to work with. So they observe something about you to try to get you to talk about yourself. Since you are aparently a quiet person they try to make you talk by pointing that out. Instead of feeling like their being rude or mean, remember that they are interested in you and want to know something about you. I am quiet in new groups, and if someone feels a need to point that out, I always tell them I'm a good listener and then deflect by asking them a question that will enable them to talk more. When they ask if your hispanic, say something like "yeah, I'm part hispanic, are you (insert ethnicity hear)?" Or ask a completely different question to change the topic.



Those who don't speak much can seem weak or antisocial, this is just the way human psychology works. Learning how to be social without saying much is all about asking simple questions and then apearing as you care about what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan